20 February 2009

You say it's my birthday?




So yesterday on the occasion of my 58th birthday I ventured forth to purchase a spring bag. The colour of this photo is misleading as it is more a grass green (like this lettering) but it is beautious and I love it. I have no business buying yet another bag as I have quite a collection of gorgeous handbags but they make me happy and therefore ....

I have lots to be thankful as I begin my 59th year. I have a great little house which I will soon be tearing apart with my brother. I am going to be changing the configuration of the rooms, moving walls, adding windows and French doors to the outside. The front of the house will become the rear, the rear the front. The reasons will be evident as time marches forward as I will post pictures.

And I have my delightful dogs who have enjoyed (I think) having me home this week. We have spent much time walking the village roads, looking at trees for signs of life. Today we even spotted our first robin. Spring can't be too far away, can it?

There is my knitting which I am really enjoying. The lace thing has continued to be a challenge despite my statements to the contrary earlier this month. I am reminded that pride indeed does go before the fall. As you can see the lace I am working on currently is coming along slowly but will be beautiful when complete.

And I also purchased and just received some watermelon yarn from which I will probably knit mittens. I had never even heard about such a yarn until the other day when I was browsing through the Ravelry boards. Who makes the best watermelon yarn? was the questions. Darned if I knew but I was gonna find out. So I went on line, found that most shoppes had no watermelon yarn left on their shelves. But with Irish luck I did find some yarn at The Loopy Ewe. The yarn was ordered, shipped and received within 4 days. I highly recommend this shoppe.

Someday, hopefully soon, I will learn how to load pictures from Flickr to my blog and have them actually end up where I want them. In the meanwhile .... enjoy!!

1 comment: