09 January 2009

After carefully reviewing your papers ...

you may consider yourself discharged!

Today was an interesting day at work. I got 14 people out the door and back to their homes before the weekend weather sets in. Some patients went home the more conventional way with families and loved ones, one fellow he was just gonna go home, no more tests for him so he called 911 and then the local ambulance company and signed himself out AMA. One, one patient's soul left through the open window. But they've all gone home.

And I'm left to wonder about their lives and what it is they've returned home to, what projects they have yet to finish...much the same way as I ponder my stash and my ever growing pile of half finished knitted objects. How is it that some people have hundreds of finished objects on their web pages, cardigans finished, shawls draped artfully across garden gates and fences, socks by the dozen pairs while I have so many things to finish and so many dreams of patterns and yarns.

So I find myself welcoming the next two days off from work and look forward to anticipation of finishing a project, any project, before I cast on yet another. I have hopes that when my soul leaves through the open window I can look back at a life well lived with goals met and maybe a lace shawl left behind for one that I love.

The KnitWitNurse

No comments:

Post a Comment