02 January 2009

In the begining...

the KnitWitNurse had a camera, a laptop and an obsessive habit called knitting but could find no way for these elements to interact. Yes I could save your life but communicate through pictures and a blog with the outside world? Not so much. I hunted high and low for the correct USB cable, buying and discarding many along the way.

It was during the holidays that I ventured into one of those electronic big box stores and sidled up to a young man and asked the question fraught with apprehension ... just how do I get my pictures off this thing (holding up digital camera) onto my laptop? "Easy, buy a card reader." Oh .....

Trying not to act too stupid I said, "So if I buy one of these (holding up card reader) I can take the disc from my camera, put it in here and download pictures onto my computer?" "Yup."

And I chose to believe the salesboy. So it with no great fanfare that today I am launching my blog, complete with pictures. Here you will hear about my family, my dogs, my job and my hobbies. And hopefully my tales will be accompanied by photographic evidence of same.

Thus begins my blog .... the KnitWitNurse

No comments:

Post a Comment