04 January 2009

Emma! Where in holy hell are you?

So today was walking the dogs in the park day. It's been brutally cold in the NE and so the dogs have been inside for the past week...well not inside the whole time obviously. I do have a fenced in yard where they romp and chase each other, eat stones and dig holes in the ground. But they've not had the freedom to just run. So over to the park behind the fire house we went where they both were chomping at the bit to get off their leashes and run.

And run they did. Rory, the 5 month old pup, ran about 10 yards and then stopped to look where I was and Emma? Emma decided screw it I'm out of here and ran across the field checking for a break in the fence and then having spied it she was gone. As in through the creek, over the hill and outta here. I called and called for her and when I had decided that she wasn't coming back without coaxing I turned to go get her leash and from out of the underbrush comes Emma. Wet, dirty Emma. I guess she just needed to run.


No comments:

Post a Comment