03 January 2009

So a new day dawns

and here I am thinking, "At last I can post some of my finished works to ravlery". But hold on there sister. I have the stomach virus.

The bad thing about working in a hospital with sick people is that often what they have is contagious. I thought I was a regular genius not going into visit several of the patients on rounds last week as the virus is rampant there. My clerk had it, I sent her home. I just did not want to get sick. And so imagine my surprise when I awoke at 0300 with profound nausea. Thank the drug gods for anti-emetics as at least I can control what's happening. (I guess that's the good thing about working in a hospital.)

So today will be spent sipping tea, reading and watching tv. I hope for a great New Year's marathon of one type or another to keep my brain occupied. And by tomorrow I will be back at baseline having survived another day.

As I sign off I can hear the chorus of wind chimes in the back yard ringing in the wind. I do love that sound ...

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you aren't well today, Sissy! Feel better soon, and put up some photos of your GCs!

    ReplyDelete