16 January 2009

Baby it's cold outside


And Emmie is building a nest.

Yes it was - 7.5 outside this a.m. when I awoke, ice on the kitchen windows. The dogs were anxious to go outside and do what dogs do when they've been inside all night ... head over to the bird feeder and see what's left on the ground for them to eat. And then, if they think of it, go to the bathroom before heading inside for breakfast.

It was so cold the snow squeaked and the back porch door windows glazed over quickly with frozen fog as the humidity from the house condensed on the glass.

It was so cold that my nasal membranes froze together as I breathed in the morning air.
And when I went out about 2 hours later to clean up the yard a bit after the dogs had decorated the snow, it was so cold that several of my finger nails broke. Now that's cold folks.

We're all safely indoors for the day although Emmie wants to go for a walk desperately. She keeps coming down the hall, crying at me and walking in circles in the front room. But when she's ready to settle down for a while, it's off to my bed to make the doggie nest.

Baby it may be cold outside but inside, inside we are just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment