17 January 2010

Get Set ...

So it's Sunday morning, just 24 hours before I go for my first chemo treatment. And you'd think that the higher powers, whomever they might be, would give me one big freakin' break. But no. They just keep upping the ante'.

First, my thankless, better known in the trade as tankless, electric hot water heater died. That's right. Middle of January. Good plan powers that be. So off to my sister's I go to take a shower. New heater to be installed tomorrow. New heater means cleaning out the laundry room as I have purchased a regular old 40 gallon tank heater. I don't care if you keep the water hot for days on end until you use it. Don't care. I just want hot water when I turn on the tap. Into the laundry room I go, moving things around to make room, make room in a little cottage where there is no room. And as I move a shelf, a gallon of paint spills on the floor. I do believe this is a sign from the heavens that I need to just stop right now. Don't do one more damned thing today. Just chill out. Relax. Enjoy the day and get ready for tomorrow. Before I break down and cry.

Till tomorrow ....

1 comment: