22 January 2010

What do I do now?

Not a bad day, all in all. Tried to see just how much I could do and I managed to make some headway here at the ranch. The house is clean, the clothes are washed and put away, I have fresh linen on the bed and the dogs have been walked. I'm still feeling weak and tired but I try to remember that might just be because all of my rapidly dividing cells are being killed off by the chemo. So my body is working overtime. Funny, it doesn't look it.

So the question as always is do I now go back to work tomorrow? I know it will exhaust me, at least I think I do. Then why can't I just call in? Why do I feel like I'm letting people down by not going to work? Why do I even care? As a caregiver shouldn't I prioritize caring for myself? And yet I hesitate.

Just paged one of my nursing buddies to see how work is today. We shall see ....

No comments:

Post a Comment