16 January 2010

Ready ....

Well it's Saturday, two days before the BIG chemo day and I'm sitting here wondering if this whole thing is going to be anticlimactic after all. The radiation oncologist told me yesterday that 90% of women tell her that the chemo wasn't as bad as they'd thought it would be and most of them were able to work the whole time. Hmm, I was counting on at least a couple of days off. I'm told though that the new anti-emetics keep you from puking (and thus loosing weight) and other than hair loss the side effects are basically fatigue and well, I guess that's it. We shall see.

Working on the Citron shawl from Knitty. Have a good start and plan to bring it with me on Monday in my knitting bag, a gift from a friend. Also have to think about what foods I want to take with me as I will be in "the chair" for 4 hours. I know I'm bringing a blankie because with all of the meds given for reactions before the chemo begins I'll be knocked out cold for a while. And a book. I was going to bring the Tibetian book of living and dying but that might be a tad too much. Think it will be "Crazy, Sexy Cancer" instead.

So I'm getting ready .....

2 comments: